The Australian Community Education College aims to provide high level individual support and for students during their study with us. Our team can assist with:
- One-on-one mentoring with your tutor
- Support with reading / writing and maths (LLN)
- Sourcing assistance with English (for those from a non-English speaking background)
- Reasonable adjustment and extra support for students with disability or special needs
All trainees who successfully complete the LLN skills check have been deemed by ACEC to have met the LLN requirements or have achieved results that are near enough and that only minimal LLN support might be required. Where more than minimal support is required, prospective trainees will be referred to more specialised LLN support agencies for assistance.
Some support strategies that might be implemented may include:
- Communicating with the trainee to discuss strategies that the trainee could employ to improve their language, literacy or numeracy skills.
- Referral to services to aid in the completion of the assessment such as ‘The National Relay Service’.
- Counselling services or referral to these services
- Referral to mediation services.
- Referral to learning resource centres.
- Referral to language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) programs.
While we offer support services for LLN issues, ACEC recognises and respects each trainee’s choice regarding ACEC’s suitability for their training needs. Where LLN issues are identified beyond the scope of ACEC staff, we will refer trainees to outside services. Some services that are available outside ACEC include:
|The Reading Writing Hotline||1300 6555 06|
|Skills for Education and Employment (SEE)||https://www.education.gov.au/skills-education-and-employment|
|The National Relay Service||http://relayservice.gov.au|
Other useful links
Early Childhood Education industry links